The student news site of Grand River Preparatory High School

The Grand

• October 5Fall Frenzy Dance 10/13

• October 5Fall Frenzy Spirit Week 10/9-10/13

• February 13Follow us on Instagram @grpthegrand

Titans Edge Zion Christian to Advance to 4-0

Yeasmin Santos

Grand River Prep’s womens’ soccer team looks to win their fourth straight victory game against Zion Christian yesterday, April 13, 2017, at Zion Christian’s soccer field.

The Titans earned their fourth win of the season Thursday in a conclusive 4-3 game over Zion. It was a very intense game since both teams were both undefeated going into this game. The first goal in the game was made by sophomore forward Shelly Vargas. Zion quickly answered back with a goal of their own, making the score 1-1.

The following goals were scored by Senior forward Stephanie Cole. Before half time she had already tacked on two goals of her own. In the second half Stephanie Cole came back out with another goal finishing off an amazing hat trick. The game proved to be a great game, as it went back and forth over the course of the game, but the Titans pulled through yet again.

Senior Paula Vargas said she was really proud to win this game.

“It was a very intense game and we all pushed through to win the game,” Vargas said. “Very proud of my teammates, we all did an amazing job in this game.”

The Titans have now improved to 4-0 on the season and aren’t showing any sign of slowing down.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017, the Titans girls will have their first home game of the season against Holland Calvary at 5:00 PM. The Titan girls had played Holland Calvary already with the score of 6-2. Of course our lovely lady Titans won that game at Calvary’s home field.

They also have an away game this week on Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 5:30 pm against Algoma Christian.

The Titans would love some support from our students; the game  will kick off at 5:00 pm.