The student news site of Grand River Preparatory High School

The Grand

• October 5Fall Frenzy Dance 10/13

• October 5Fall Frenzy Spirit Week 10/9-10/13

• February 13Follow us on Instagram @grpthegrand

Track Team Continues to Stride Towards Regionals

Seirra Webb and Christian Halquist

The Grand River Prep track and field team traveled to Lowell this Tuesday for its second meet of the year. The Titans competed in Lake Odessa on March 29, but were back returned to action after spring break. 

The Titans competed against Lowell, Holland Black River, and Union High school, and were competitive from the start. The boys 4×800 meter team took second place to start the meet and the boys 4×400 meter team ran a time of 4:02 to close out a successful meet.

We asked senior Ben Hofstra how this meet compared to the first meet in Lakewood and he said that “I think we were a lot more prepared for this meet, more competition and faster times. It went a lot better.”

We asked senior Syria Love how she prepares for each race and she told us that she “prepares by warming up, moving my muscles around making them loose and listening to lit music to get me ready for my races, also I pray every time I run.”

Impressive performances included two second place places from Hofstra in the 1600 meter and the 3200 meter. Also sophomore Ronnie McMillan took first place in 400 meter dash. Junior Micah Fernando placed second in the 100 meter dash when he ran a blazing time of 12.04.

Almost every runner ran either a season best or a personal best and it is only the second meet of the year, and we are excited to see how much they can achieve in the next meet.