• December 21Winter Break December 23 - January 7

• February 13Follow us on Instagram @grpthegrand

• January 25Follow us on twitter @GRPGrand

A Pink Out Win

On October 10, 2017, the varsity soccer team had their senior night and pink out game at 5:00 pm. They won 2-1, with junior, Jeremias Tomas, scoring the first goal and Christopher Tomas scoring the winning goal.

Senior night is when the seniors have their last home game and are honored for the past season they’ve played. It was also “Pink Out” day, which is when the team dedicates their game to a person who faced or is facing the battle of breast cancer. The game also went well for the Titans in a close matchup against Heritage Christian.

Jeremias Tomas said, “I got this excellent pass from Eric(19) then I just shot and banged it into the back of the net, turned and my team lifted me from my fight, there’s no better feeling,” after scoring the first goal.

Following the goal, the crowd proudly cheered on the Titans for their leading goal and their cause. The goal sparked an early moment of promise for the Titans, but Heritage Christian’s defense raised the intensity, which eventually paid off as they scored a shot. Despite their defense though, the Titans were able to strike another shot behind the net.

Senior Christopher Tomas said, “I felt the pressure of the team and I got the ball… I shot and the ball went in. It felt good. This wasn’t possible without my team and family. These my brothers,” after scoring the final and winning goal.

With the match in control of the Titan fans, they closed the game with a 2-1 win on Heritage Christian. They brought a victory not only to their game, but to the cause the team was representing. They closed out “Pink Out” day in a success for the entire school and anyone else battling cancer.