• December 21Winter Break December 23 - January 7

• February 13Follow us on Instagram @grpthegrand

• January 25Follow us on twitter @GRPGrand

Recent News Update

Kareem Houston, Staff Reporter

Another earthquake strikes Alaska

On January 24th , Alaska was hit by an earthquake with a magnitude of  7.9, 174 miles from Kodiak. A magnitude this high makes sense for Alaska because it’s in “the ring of fire” which is a major area in the basin of the Pacific Ocean where a large number of earthquakes occur. As a result, it triggers a tsunami warning for the entire West Coast. If you would like to read more click here.

Kentucky School Shooting

On January 24th, tragedy struck at a high school in Kentucky. There was a school shooting where 2 students (one male and one female) died and 18 students was injured. The shooter was a 15-year-old male and he was arrested on sight. If you would like to read more click here.

Death by police in northwest Baltimore

On January 28th, a 33-year-old man was killed in northwest Baltimore by the police. The police said that his female passenger and him ditched their SUV in an alley and made a run for it. He was shot because he supposedly had a gun, but it turns out that the gun was fake. If you would like to read more click here.

Tests on humans and monkeys

The German government uses people and monkeys for tests in which they inhale diesel exhaust fumes. These experiments will be funded by German car makers. Steffen Seibert, Chancellor Angela Merkel’s spokesman, openly admits that there’s no ethical justification for these tests. If you would like to read more click here.

Super Bowl ad criticized for quoting MLK Jr

Dodge is being criticized for quoting parts of Martin Luther King Jr’s speech. They’re being criticized because they’re basically using MLK’s image to sell trucks. A large majority of the black community was especially outraged by this ad.  If you would like to read more click here.